Even salad isn't safe from my love affair with tex-mex food. This salad is so good on it's own, but its even better over a bed of spanish rice. You can easily swap out black beans for the edamame or jazz this one up any way that sounds tasty.
Give the Avocado Goddess Dressing a try. It makes a great salad dressing, but its also a very nice dip for a veggie tray.
Fiesta Edamame Taco Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen edamame, shelled and thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 orange bell pepper (or any but preferably not green), diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbls. cilantro chopped
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and cubed
- mixed greens of your choosing
- Avocado Goddess Dressing
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- chopped jalapeño for a spicy version
- ANY fresh or frozen veggie, thawed and cubed
This salad is fast and foolproof and only takes as long as dicing the vegetables. Don't bother measuring anything (the measurements are just guidelines) just dice as many of the veggies as you would like. More tomato and less bell pepper? Sure!
Pour the frozen veggies into a colander placed in a slightly larger bowl. Fill the bowl with warm water and allow the veggie to thaw while you dice the fresh veggies.
After dicing the fresh vegetables toss them into a large salad bowl, along with the thawed and drained frozen veggies, and the mixed greens (as many or few as you like).
Pour the dressing over and toss.
Serve over a bed of microwavable spanish-style brown rice (available in the frozen food department) and with a handful of tortilla chips.
Avocado Goddess Dressing
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Ingredients (dressing for 1 large salad)
- 1/2 large avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbls. cilantro, chopped
- jalapeño, chopped (between 1 tsp. and 1 pepper depending on your taste)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 tbls nutritional yeast
- 1-3 tbls. water, if needed for consistency
Add all of the ingredients except the water into a food processor and blend until smooth.
Adjust seasoning to taste.
If the the mixture is too thick add as much water as need to dilute to consistency desired (thinner for a salad dressing, thicker for a dip or spread).
Serve and enjoy!